Diagnostic focusing on Probity and Practice case study
State Government Infrastructure Organisation
Background: This Australian state government infrastructure organisation was looking for a procurement transformation to address the areas of probity and practice.
Service: Advisory & Change – Diagnostics
The organisation sought ArcBlue to improve:
- Consistencies in the existing documentation and organisation processes;
- Management of panels; and
- Consistency in applying process.
ArcBlue undertook a full comprehensive approach:
- Complete review and development of documentation for all aspects of the procurement process using the ArcBlue Diagnostics methodology;
- Involved in the introduction of a new contract suite for standardised contracts;
- Involved in the introduction and implementation of a new e-quoting software;
- Development and delivery of training for over 200 staff in the new procurement practices;
- Contributed to the establishment of a new procurement governance model; and
- Established Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for the procurement transformation program.
ArcBlue developed a wide suite of tools and documentation including:
- User manuals;
- Operational manuals;
- Comprehensive flow charts;
- Intranet site; and
- Detailed documentation and templates for each procurement type.
After performing a reassessment of the organisation’s procurement maturity there were significant improvements in the Diagnostic results compared to the benchmark.
We established that the implementation program was highly successful.
- The new software is being widely used throughout the organisation;
- Providing simple access to whole of government panels by both whole of government pre-qualified suppliers and their panels;
- Procurement practices across the organisation were completely transformed in terms of consistency; and
- Procurement practices were now of higher quality and transparency and achieved greater probity.