Establishing a Contract Management Framework
An Australian Regional Water Utility
Background: This Australian water utility is a large state owned corporation servicing 500,000 people in New South Wales.
Service: Advisory & Change – Framework Review & Development
This regional water utility has a large number of contract managers in addition to a diverse range of large and small contracts and suppliers.
They required direction in managing these contracts and engaged ArcBlue to establish a contract management framework and provide consistent practices regarding contract management.
ArcBlue used our Procurement Effectiveness Review which covered the following elements:
- Organisation procurement capability review and evaluate against best practice dimension
- Develop Spend Dashboards and spend opportunity analysis
- Extensive stakeholder consultation
- Capital program and project audit.
The review enabled ArcBlue to develop recommendations for a Procurement Transformation Plan including:
- An implementation plan,
- Recommendations on the role and organisation design for Procurement,
- Spend Analysis to inform the Category Management and the development of a Procurement Framework.